Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 200 DT/ 275 total volume FOWLR in the works.
my plan is to use my 40W pintair UV for protozoa management (slower flow )and ozone for water clarity.

anyway on my last tank i make a fancy manifold don't really want to do that on this one as the UV is the only thing I would run off it.

so my thoughts where if I T off the return line use a gate valve to get the flow through the UV I need then back in to the main line.

do you guys see any problems with this idea? ro would that not work?

* yes I know the suggest way to plum the UV is back in to the DT but that's not gonna happen. :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. You'll take a slight hit to flow rate and your UV will be limited to whatever you set your return flow rate to.
It's for a big tank, so I have lots of flow. I was thinking if a T then a gate valve to give the UV the desired flow then back in to the main return line.

its after the UV i am not sure about. in my head it will flow right in the RT line. but I wonder about water coming in from that attachment point.
or I am just over thinking this?

I can draw my idea tomorrow. :)

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's for a big tank, so I have lots of flow. I was thinking if a T then a gate valve to give the UV the desired flow then back in to the main return line.

its after the UV i am not sure about. in my head it will flow right in the RT line. but I wonder about water coming in from that attachment point.
or I am just over thinking this?

I can draw my idea tomorrow. :)
Yes, a sketch might help. How I envision it is a single return pipe from your pump to your return outlets with a gate valve in the middle. Above and below that gate valve, T-junctions for your UV and a further gate valve after each T-junction before the UV.

This way, you can isolate the UV for maintenance and temporarily bypass it.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back