Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a fish with lots of personality, loves to perch. Your tank will be not be safe for crabs and shrimp and probably more which is why ive always stayed away from them lol

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great personality for a fish, just avoid having shrimp and other small inverts and fish.

If you do get one, get a small magnetic frag rack and place it on the front panel of your aquarium, the hawkfish will sit there all day watching you and begging for food haha

Raindog3030

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neocirrhites armatus? They are awesome! I kept a pair in a 150g, excellent fish, one of my all time favorites, tons of personality!

+1 to saying goodbye to all crabs/shrimps!

I would suggest, from experience, if you have a mated pair, get a lid. If I am correct, part of the mating ritual includes jumping, well, that's how I lost my male (although they are bi-directional hermaphrodites...lol)

Top Shelf Aquatics

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pr in my tank, but also have large established cleaner and blood shrimp. As everyone says, tons of personality, and very hardy.

AS

tony'stank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had Eed Flame hawkfishes for years without trouble. My current one has been in the tank about two years. Eight months ago he started eating and attacking crustaceans in the tank. He has killed 2 blood shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a coral banded shrimp, a purple reef lobster, and all my hermit crabs. The only crustacean I can keep is a strawberry crab

g5flier

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for nearly a year along with 4 shrimp in my system, never have had any issues with the shrimp, 2 cleaners, 1 fire and 1 coral banded. Fantastic personality for sure!

Austin S

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had mine for 9 years now. No issues with shrimp or snails but enough people have reported caution so I would follow that advice. Simple but very cool. Personally my favorite. Mine did jump out of my aquarium one time. I found him on the floor and just tossed him back. He’s my ******.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back