Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the LFS and bought a single polyp frag of RPE tody.
When I got home, I found TWO polyps and this guy!!!
Is he an Anenome??? Hes been "walking" around the tank!

hitch01.jpg

World Wide Corals

JeffReef

Got Zoa Pox?
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, looks like a Majano. I had a few of those in my tank when I was first starting my reef. They do multiply like bunnies. I'd remove them If I were you. Once they spread, they are hard to get rid of. I had to use a cauterizing pen to burn those.

Last edited:
BRS
OP
OP
Abq Custom

Abq Custom

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I Bought a frag of RPE and this guy was hiding out on the rock.
When I bought the frag we only saw 1 polyp of RPE, So I got the frag for $15 but when I got the frag home there was a second polyp of RPE and this guy

JeffReef

Got Zoa Pox?
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I Bought a frag of RPE and this guy was hiding out on the rock.
When I bought the frag we only saw 1 polyp of RPE, So I got the frag for $15 but when I got the frag home there was a second polyp of RPE and this guy

Sorry. I just got your post after reading it again. :D Sometimes, I'm a little slow.:hammer:

Nutramar Foods

AmyC

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it!!!! I think the same of zoa nudis and sundial snails... Of course that also pertains to a lot of women I used to date... The prettier they are, the more evil!!!! lol jk ;)

LOL Ever hear that song that goes "If ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife...". Your comment has that song stuck in my head now!

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods

ct_vol

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just happy my fiance puts up with my zoa/reef addiction... We're up to 5 tanks in the living room/ dining area... lol :D She jokes around that if my arms aren't in my tanks, then I'm on the computer talking about them... Its a true sign of love when you can find someone willing to put up with that... Oh, that and she's willing to take on the name Oldfather-Outhouse... ;)

redsonja

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just happy my fiance puts up with my zoa/reef addiction... We're up to 5 tanks in the living room/ dining area... lol :D She jokes around that if my arms aren't in my tanks, then I'm on the computer talking about them... Its a true sign of love when you can find someone willing to put up with that... Oh, that and she's willing to take on the name Oldfather-Outhouse... ;)

It *is* nice when you have a partner as into your hobbies are you are. I don't know who has the reefkeeping bug worse, me or my husband. :) I guess any more should be moved to the lounge as we've managed to to waaaaaay OT though. :)

-Sonja

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back