Anyone have experience with Tenecor AIO drop in kits?

ScottJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with Tenecor AIO drop in kits? I'm thinking of converting my 55 gallon fresh water to a reef with one. I would live to hear what anybody who has used any one of the Tenecor kits has to say. I've read a lot of the owners posts on this site, and it seems that he runs a good company and makes a good product.

Thanks
Scott

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
ScottJ

ScottJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have experience with the AIO drop in, however, I am finishing up my 3g DIY Frag tank from @Tenecor Aquariums and could not be more impressed with the product and the support.
They seem like a good place to work with. Thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics

stephydawn

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a build thread on one for a 75 gallon. Overall I’m happy but it could use a couple of adjustments. If the water gets just a tiny bit low it drops a lot of bubbles into the pump chamber. I had to add a sponge there to stop them. If you have an ATO it won’t be a problem. My small fish, a blenny and Yasha goby have ended up in the pump chamber a few times too. I order some plastic craft mesh to add over the weirs and I may have to add a little strip across the top too. I’m unsure if they went through the baffles or over the top.

AS
OP
OP
ScottJ

ScottJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a build thread on one for a 75 gallon. Overall I’m happy but it could use a couple of adjustments. If the water gets just a tiny bit low it drops a lot of bubbles into the pump chamber. I had to add a sponge there to stop them. If you have an ATO it won’t be a problem. My small fish, a blenny and Yasha goby have ended up in the pump chamber a few times too. I order some plastic craft mesh to add over the weirs and I may have to add a little strip across the top too. I’m unsure if they went through the baffles or over the top.
Thanks for the info. i'll check out your build thread.

snackpack

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've finally got mine unboxed after a very long few days

Acrylic and cut quality is excellent.

The instruction sheet they sent me says to line everything up to the marks on the "reference points on the filter wall" but there's nothing there

I also ordered their Plexi/acrylic lid. It's nicely cut, but doesn't fit my tank (too narrow so it bows inwards) and is super thin compared to the AIO kit itself.

I'll update again once I actually start building, if I can figure out where to silicone this stuff in place lol

Nutramar Foods

snackpack

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured it out :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I've got an interesting solution for the saggy lid. I'll post that once I implement

Attachments

• EC542465-61BC-47BE-BE51-83A129CECC45.jpeg
    EC542465-61BC-47BE-BE51-83A129CECC45.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 38
Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

snackpack

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested in your lid solution also.
ill be interested in that...

Well I'm selling the Tenecor kit due to getting approval from the wife for a larger tank, so I won't be implementing my idea. I bought clear 24" acrylic rulers to rest across the lips on the tank, and intended to cement them into place with WeldOn.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

https://www.triton.de/en/
Back