Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I like open top tanks the other half hates the blue lights from the tanks. not much of a woodworker all tho i am sure I could make something but I dont want to add a sloppy DIY solution to a nice tank and stand.

so was wondering of anyone has a T slot canopy?
other options?

i saw on here someone used PVC sheets but not sure what PVC they used there are so many types that come up when searching.

can you guy @Tenecor Aquariums make canopies? been looking into your T slot stand...can we come up with something sleek and sexy?

Top Shelf Aquatics

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me a canopy sits on top of the tank. I have a T-slot light rack above my tank. It holds 12 Radion G6 Pros, the power supplies and 3 circuits of power. It moves up and down using the Auxx-Lyft motorized lift system.

The cabinet maker is coming on Thursday to enclose the light rack. The enclosure is made from marine grade plywood that is then laminated.

With the T-Slot it's easy to attach to it there are so many different 90 degree brackets available.

Are you looking for info on a rack or a canopy.

Dave B

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me a canopy sits on top of the tank. I have a T-slot light rack above my tank. It holds 12 Radion G6 Pros, the power supplies and 3 circuits of power. It moves up and down using the Auxx-Lyft motorized lift system.

The cabinet maker is coming on Thursday to enclose the light rack. The enclosure is made from marine grade plywood that is then laminated.

With the T-Slot it's easy to attach to it there are so many different 90 degree brackets available.

Are you looking for info on a rack or a canopy.

Dave B

Hey Dave,
honestly I am looking for an affordable canopy option many to keep light in the tank.
I have/will have 2 tank in my living room and the other half dislikes the blue light. almost went FW planted because of it.

been looking at the new AI blade lights to sit on the tank. not 100% ideal light or mounting solution but it would keep the light spill down.

sorry for the long answer but i guess a canopy.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I like open top tanks the other half hates the blue lights from the tanks. not much of a woodworker all tho i am sure I could make something but I dont want to add a sloppy DIY solution to a nice tank and stand.

other options?

i saw on here someone used PVC sheets but not sure what PVC they used there are so many types that come up when searching.

can you guy @Tenecor Aquariums make canopies? been looking into your T slot stand...can we come up with something sleek and sexy?
Did you get a chance to read about our new floating "bikini" canopies somewhere? I don't recall where I posted about it. For what it's worth, attached is a concept sketch. The brown is the Magnum stand. Green is the tank. Red is the TSlot. 30 mm or 45 mm. Even 90 mm on really big tanks like our new ten footers. The blue is cladding. The round are our new lights coming in about three weeks. Ecotech /prime equivalent for about 30 percent less, BTW. The canopy is supported only by the vertical red TSlot. Adjustable up /down. Nothing touches the tank.
A359FDDB-BE0A-4E2E-8D7D-D3C91C43FC5B.jpeg

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

other options?

Here is what our base models will look like. We ordered a couple of edge bander machines and leased new space last week to get this up and going soon.
Gotta share this with you guys. Our Magnum™ aluminum stands are pretty popular and we have been working on skins for them. The original panels were attached with magnets but did not work as well as we wanted. The latest design is a winner. The orignal panels were resin composites with aluminum skins. Really cool but available only in white, black, and gold. The new panel selection will be literally dozens of options, patterns, colors, wood, and composites. We expect them to be available early spring once the edge banding machines we have on order are delivered. Concept images below. View attachment 3024895View attachment 3024896View attachment 3024897

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what it looks like once the cabinet maker finished. This is lights on, but during the daytime, But the light bleed is pretty reasonable.

There is a couch in front of the fishtank. We sat on the couch and made the canopy height tall enough so that when you sat down on the couch your eyes weren't looking at 12 Radions blasting out your corneas. And it turned out really well. All the power supplies sit on top of the t-slot rack and as you can see the canopy is tall enough to cover those from view as well.

Dave B

750g - New Cabinets for Stand - Jan 23 - 7.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get a chance to read about our new floating "bikini" canopies somewhere? I don't recall where I posted about it. For what it's worth, attached is a concept sketch. The brown is the Magnum stand. Green is the tank. Red is the TSlot. 30 mm or 45 mm. Even 90 mm on really big tanks like our new ten footers. The blue is cladding. The round are our new lights coming in about three weeks. Ecotech /prime equivalent for about 30 percent less, BTW. The canopy is supported only by the vertical red TSlot. Adjustable up /down. Nothing touches the tank. View attachment 3026588

looking forward to seeing these made up.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tropic Marin USA
Back