Anyone get the IM Nuvo Fleece Roller yet?

AI Nero 5

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are on pre-order, but I saw there were pre-orders for Feb shipment. Anyone have these installed yet and can comment?

Specifically,
1. How do these compare with other fleece rollers (like Klir that fits in AIO chambers)?
2. How well do these filter compared to socks?
3. How well do these filter compared to floss in the CustomCaddy?
4. How do you know when you should do a manual roll?
5. Worth it?

Thanks!

Nutramar Foods

misturrtinnie

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw these when I was ordering my new tank from them. Pretty simple concept, I used to do the filter floss method on my main display so I can say that filter rollers does a better job filtering the water than traditional filter floss. As for manually rolling, I'm pretty sure I would just give it a roll daily to keep those nitrates and phos down. Since I know my auto filter roller does at least spin once a day maybe even twice during heavy feedings. Hope you give it a try and give us a review!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've moved these out of the "Essential" category, so might order depending on budget fallout.

One roll oer day seems easy enough, but given this is an office tank, I'd be worried about clogging and going into emergency overflow during the weekend.

misturrtinnie

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've moved these out of the "Essential" category, so might order depending on budget fallout.

One roll oer day seems easy enough, but given this is an office tank, I'd be worried about clogging and going into emergency overflow during the weekend.

Yeah that's only issue I see with manual rollers, if only they would have made it automatic this would be a for sure buy. I've told myself, I'll never start another tank with filter socks again. Hopefully someone makes an auto one for nanos because I'm still doing filter floss mats on my lagoon 25. Even every 3 day replacement still annoys me.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's only issue I see with manual rollers, if only they would have made it automatic this would be a for sure buy. I've told myself, I'll never start another tank with filter socks again. Hopefully someone makes an auto one for nanos because I'm still doing filter floss mats on my lagoon 25. Even every 3 day replacement still annoys me.
I read someone's build that was using a Klir auto roller (4") in their AIO chambers. Seen mixed reviews for the Klir, but might be an option.

AS

misturrtinnie

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I read someone's build that was using a Klir auto roller (4") in their AIO chambers. Seen mixed reviews for the Klir, but might be an option.

I've seen so many mixed reviews on the klir, that I stayed "klir" away from them. I really wanted a reef mat, but I ended up with a bubble magus and with some of the bad reviews of water getting through the sides, it's still working pretty dang good so I'm happy with the purchase especially when it was half off a reef mat.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine and installed it today.
Had to add a bit more water to reach the opening and it does stand out.
However, now that it is installed, I cannot believe I was using socks!
I will let you know how it is holding up after a week.

OlafsReef

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine and installed it today.
Had to add a bit more water to reach the opening and it does stand out.
However, now that it is installed, I cannot believe I was using socks!
I will let you know how it is holding up after a week.
Im very interested to see how you like it. Particularly interested to see how the smell is given these are not in a sump.

In regard to socks, I switch off socks years ago to a cups+floss and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of maintenance - takes me 45 seconds to change out my mechanical filtration now. These look even easier, if smell in a non-enclosed area is reasonable....

AS

flashsmith

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know.. Seems easy enough for me to pull out a piece of filter floss and throw another one in on my SR80. Takes all of 30 seconds to do both sides. I'm guessing it cost me about $5 a month changing every other day. I just put an AI blade on it and it is clean looking. Having these things stick up in the air with dirty fleece is a no go.

Chrisp171

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the large filter roller for my inovative marine sr 80 last month. I'm not a fan of it. It's my first ever filter roller so I can't compare it to others. It was covered in scratches the clear acrylic basicly looked frosted in areas.which ticked me off. Like how do you send this quality of products out.Once installed it was super loud with the water flowing into it. Also the filer roll wouldn't stay tight so the water was just flowing behind the filter roll and not getting cleaned. My biggest issue was after I did get enough gunk into the filter to keep the roll tight it was clogging very fast and causing the water to start backing up and causing my 3rd chamber to lower and causing my ato to go crazy. I took it out after a day and went back to socks. It's also pretty bulky and ugly.It wasnt for me!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquarium Specialty
Back