Anyone ever dip Gorgonies in a peroxide solution for algae? If so what % of peroxide to water did you use..

BRS

Wolfw28

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever dip Gorgonies in a peroxide solution for algae? If so what % of peroxide to water did you use.. I have used peroxide for soft,SPS, and LPS corals but I never own gorgonies before.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgonians often shed their outer surface to rid themselves of algae and other issues.

I've never dipped a gorgonian... in fact, I very rarely dip any corals unless there is a serious algae issue.

OP
OP
Wolfw28

Wolfw28

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgonians often shed their outer surface to rid themselves of algae and other issues.

I've never dipped a gorgonian... in fact, I very rarely dip any corals unless there is a serious algae issue.

I bought the remains of another person aquarium which all the rock and coral were covered with ever kind of algae and bacteria that i don’t want in my display tank. I know how to treat all the other corals but have not experience with Gorgonians.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the remains of another person aquarium which all the rock and coral were covered with ever kind of algae and bacteria that i don’t want in my display tank. I know how to treat all the other corals but have not experience with Gorgonians.
I'd consider putting it in a holding tank or quarantine tank. Not to treat it, but to see if'its healthy enough to survive. One last though, IMHO many gorgonians tend to do better in tanks with just a bit less than ideal conditions. That said, I have a couple of encrusting gorgonians that I collected in the Florida Keys and they're doing great in both of my tanks!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back