Anyone else's fish obsessed with each other?

LilsReefTank

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this hobby. Altho, avid love of the ocean I was only recently able to start this hobby at 30.

Anyone else fish obsessed with each other? I think its absolutely endearing. Just wanted to spread good cute vibes to the community.

I've got a wrasse, hippo tang, sailfin tang and 2 clowns. We are a few months in but went thru the whole circus already (getting ich, QT, TTFM, treating with copper, ect) due to my lack of experience and falling in love with a emaciated hippo tang and immediately introducing it to the main tank.

The whole time the 5 just stuck together and play really nicely. During QT they would all jam behind the filter to sleep together. No one has ever bullied anyone (yet), they all share food nicely, and are just fricken CUTE. AND THEY ARE ALWAYS TOGETHER. I honestly think they've learned to school together at this point - and not complaining. It is beautiful to watch. And same story back in the main tank.

Is this normal? I don't have any other experience to draw from.

Nutramar Foods

Uncle99

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When’s there’s enough food and space, stress is way, way down.
You must have provided a good environment for your friends.
Best of luck.
Choo-Choo…..
26E6B037-EA2E-4731-977F-859DD7D2DA80.jpeg

Nutramar Foods

melonheadorion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 2 diamond gobies are always at each others side. the only time that they arent, is when its that time of the week (once a week it seems). one will lay the spawn, and the other gets buried to watch over it. once the one is under the rock,. the female covers all entrances with substrate to seal the male in.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back