Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen anyone else with these palys. But I figured if someone else had them it would probably be here. I've been playing a lot with their placement and it's proving interesting but also a bit frustrating... Each time I move them they morph a bit and a variety of things have happened depending on where they are. They've developed neon orange rings just inside the skirt with more light but get more of a turquoise color. I just moved them to a fairly dim spot to see if they'll get a deeper blue. I like both versions and I really should just frag them and have one in higher light and one in lower light.

So, anyone else have some pics to share of similar palys? I'd be interested in how they've morphed in other peoples tanks.

Zoasgrowth052.jpg

Kigs!

zoa santa
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like they got at least three different colors on their skirts. that's absolutely beautiful! put me down on the list if you ever decide to frag. :)

OP
OP
Ike

Ike

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like they got at least three different colors on their skirts. that's absolutely beautiful! put me down on the list if you ever decide to frag. :)

They have a distinct ring of neon orange in the skirt which gets even brighter than that pic under more light. Where you see the brownish color on the outside of the blue is now neon orange as well. Though the downside is the blue lightens up to a teal/turquoise color. I'll post some pics in a few weeks if my experiment with less light goes well. Maybe I'll luck out and the orange ring in the body will stay but the blue will darken up. Yeah right...

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Ike

Ike

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an example of my experiment that just ended. Not a very good shot and they weren't happy because I was moving stuff around in the tank. But you can see the orange ring that developed and how the blue lightens up. The white mouths also became more prominent.

Zoas011.jpg

Zeppelin

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an example of my experiment that just ended. Not a very good shot and they weren't happy because I was moving stuff around in the tank. But you can see the orange ring that developed and how the blue lightens up. The white mouths also became more prominent.

Zoas011.jpg

This shot actually looks like they were in the beginning stages of bleaching out. Evidently, they dont like the high light. ;)

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tenecor Aquariums
Back