Any idea on this disease and treatment

zatchyvsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone can help me but I have a buddy who has a goldfish and the fish has begun to act lethargic. The fish has started to show red and white lumps on his fins. I do not know anything other than what has been provided.

Any recommendations on how to treat and what medicine to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

RenderedImage.jpeg IMG_8964.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone can help me but I have a buddy who has a goldfish and the fish has begun to act lethargic. The fish has started to show red and white lumps on his fins. I do not know anything other than what has been provided.

This is an injury which may have stemmed from the plastic plants or other object. You can add epsom salt at one teaspoon per 10 gallons. Also Melafix would be acceptable treatment or methylene blue

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

To me, the lethargy indicates that there is more going on here than a simple injury.

There are two common viral diseases of goldfish - a herpes virus and something called koi pox. Neither are treatable, but are also not always fatal.

The best way to handle a virus is to maintain the best water quality that you can and feed a good diet.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The fish looks quite thin to me - which is IMHO also a problem. I have seen parasites on Koi that look this way (they are encysted). I would think an injury in the middle of the Dorsal fin would be less likely.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back