Any failures - Premium top of the line Red Sea tank series

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find out if there have been any failures in terms of leaks, seams breaking apart in the top of the line RED SEA tanks.
Please only report failures for the tank models that comes only with the full aluminum stand.
Interested in failures for models

REEFER MAX S G2+ 550, 700, 850,1000​

and the older MAX S series

MAX S-SERIES 400, 500, 650​

I don't think there have been any reported failures/issues with these tanks. I could be wrong though

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless of the stand, it seems that the floating front panel is the common failure point. Recent G2 failure, which I previously thought did not have the same issues at G1: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-reefer-350-g2-catastrophic-failure.1075814/

Makes me quite nervous having a 350 G2 in my living room...
FYI, the top of the line series have the floating panels supported by an extended/extruded aluminum lip that AFAIK doesn't exist on the standard G2+ or standard MAX models

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, the top of the line series have the floating panels supported by an extended/extruded aluminum lip that AFAIK doesn't exist on the standard G2+ or standard MAX models
that would certainly help things - it's a shame you have to pay for an upgrade that is seemingly necessary to integrity.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that would certainly help things - it's a shame you have to pay for an upgrade that is seemingly necessary to integrity.
Agree however the vast majority of g1 tanks had no problems. And full sympathies for those who did

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so far there's one reported, but it looks like a manufacturing issue

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G1 750 XXL failed (front seam) after 40 months (past regular warrantee ) and Red Sea replaced the tank and stand at no cost after lengthy paperwork/photo documentation. It sucked but they at least made me whole.

OP
OP
N

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will add the S Series being discussed here seems to have a eurobrace and better stand
Indeed. I'm tracking to see if there're any failures in the redsea tanks with eurobrace and full aluminum stand and NO floating glass panels. There's some discussion that part of the failure is because of the type of silicone glue used in the construction of redsea tanks

Cranie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G1 750 XXL failed (front seam) after 40 months (past regular warrantee ) and Red Sea replaced the tank and stand at no cost after lengthy paperwork/photo documentation. It sucked but they at least made me whole.
They replaced my 425XL with minimal paperwork/photo exchange. Sent me the entire setup and stand at no cost.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back