Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to put some anthias in my tank, but don’t really know what I’m doing with these fish yet. Tank is 130 cube. Currently has a swallowtail angel, lavender tang, pair of clowns, pair or orchid dottybacks.
I’ve been thinking about a trio of lyre tails, but I don’t know if only three would be ok. Will it? I’ve read things that the lyretails can get a bit bossy. Is there a better species I should consider?
Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d like to put some anthias in my tank, but don’t really know what I’m doing with these fish yet. Tank is 130 cube. Currently has a swallowtail angel, lavender tang, pair of clowns, pair or orchid dottybacks.
I’ve been thinking about a trio of lyre tails, but I don’t know if only three would be ok. Will it? I’ve read things that the lyretails can get a bit bossy. Is there a better species I should consider?
Thanks!
I think the Lyres will be fine with your current stocking list. I would, however, go with four instead of three. Also, save a couple bucks and purchase all females. They are hemaphoditic and the largest and most dominant will transition. It is a fun process to watch. Happy reefing!

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AVAST
Back