+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I keep seeing that 120-125 gal is the magic number for keeping more than one anthias.

I'm working on figuring out what is the biggest tank I can upgrade to. SCA's 85 gal (60" x 18" x 18") is one of the options. Length wise this is similar to a 125. Seems okay to me?

Nutramar Foods

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias do better in groups. The bigger the group the more comfortable the anthias are. And they require lots of feedings to stay happy and healthy.

They are swimming and active fish - so a tank with more length than height is better for them.

I don't think is a 125g to keep 2 anthias and 150g for 3 and a 175 for 4. But it's more like you're going to want a group of 6 of them and in that case you want a 125g tank to give them to school and swim and be able to behave naturally.

I have a school of about 24 anthias right now, which has 3 types of Anthias, and a pair of Flasher Wrasses that stick together most of the time. It's a 750g tank. I had a similar size group in my 400g.

They make for a lot of activity in the tank, and keep the tank active and moving. They definitely change the 'feeling' of an aquarium when there is a group of fish always actively moving about.

Dave B

Nutramar Foods

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias do better in groups. The bigger the group the more comfortable the anthias are. And they require lots of feedings to stay happy and healthy.

They are swimming and active fish - so a tank with more length than height is better for them.

I don't think is a 125g to keep 2 anthias and 150g for 3 and a 175 for 4. But it's more like you're going to want a group of 6 of them and in that case you want a 125g tank to give them to school and swim and be able to behave naturally.

I have a school of about 24 anthias right now, which has 3 types of Anthias, and a pair of Flasher Wrasses that stick together most of the time. It's a 750g tank. I had a similar size group in my 400g.

They make for a lot of activity in the tank, and keep the tank active and moving. They definitely change the 'feeling' of an aquarium when there is a group of fish always actively moving about.

Dave B
I need to see this 750 gal

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to see this 750 gal
There is a build thread in the Big tanks forum. Or check the tank out live on the webcam -- o2manyfish.com --- Full PTZ camera. If your connection is good enough you can follow the fish with the camera.

Dave B

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

RED SEA
Back