View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Had a Fluval Evo 13.5 tank fo crimbo.
Have started setting it up, and have now got sand! Water and rock in place... but alas, the pump sounds like a defective fridge !
gutted, persevered with it for a few hours ,but way to loud, and in facts it gets louder ! and the vibration to the tank is bad. Wouldn’t dare put any fish in that.
currently have a Fluval edge which is way quieter. Alas the tank, being plastic, is scratched etc and full of worms, thus the change.
I really want to start having corals too.
Any ideas on what I can do. Have emailed Fluval, they say sake the pump back to the store and exchange as may be faulty. Have since googled and this seems a problem for a lot of people.

Also it shows that heater should be placed in the chamber with the pump (as per picture), but can only go In if it’s wedged between the glass and pump As it’s too long. Have left this heater out and it‘s still is loud and vibrates a lot. The vibration goes up to the water outlet too.
Hope you can help !

26CB65FA-FC0A-4C8E-AA93-DD223342FADB.jpeg 7FF844CF-A8F2-4807-B0F3-071327555DA6.jpeg

DanyL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to slightly elevate it with rubber, it should help reduce the vibrations.

If the pump itself is faulty, I would take their suggestion and replace it under warranty.
Otherwise, if the pump is simply load like that, I would try to go with a higher quality brand like Sicce and do proper research before deciding what pump would satisfy your requirements.

FishyDP

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 attach some rubber risers to the bottom of the pump. This may absorb some of the vibration. If the actual pump itself is making the vibrating noise, replace the pump. Some pumps just produce a little vibration noise no matter what. I have had this issue with sicce pumps, and prefer jebao pumps which are dead silent, reliable, and cost effective.

BRS
OP
OP
frostie18

frostie18

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to slightly elevate it with rubber, it should help reduce the vibrations.

If the pump itself is faulty, I would take their suggestion and replace it under warranty.
Otherwise, if the pump is simply load like that, I would try to go with a higher quality brand like Sicce and do proper research before deciding what pump would satisfy your requirements.
Now going to try and get the pump exchanged. If this doesn't work, I will look into something different.
Thanks

1ocean

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read your issue, I had the same issue with that pump and a few others..I spent a few bucks more and got a Ecotech Vectra pumps. I was able to get two slightly used ones.. They are super quite and I like that you can dial the speed of the pump so you do not have to choke off the flow with a valve.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
frostie18

frostie18

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read your issue, I had the same issue with that pump and a few others..I spent a few bucks more and got a Ecotech Vectra pumps. I was able to get two slightly used ones.. They are super quite and I like that you can dial the speed of the pump so you do not have to choke off the flow with a valve.
Thanks for that. Much appreciated. Have taken said pump back to the supplier and they were fantastic ! Have ordered me an upgraded pump which is a Jebao one. Going to see what happens when that arrives.
Best thing was they are supplying it for free !

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Corals.com
Back