Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m beating a dead horse here but we love our Queen angel and would like to get more corals in our tank. Thoughts on different corals she will leave alone? She seems to leave alone the Cabbage leathers, but rather eats toadstool leathers(weird). We also have flame and coral beauty..Current setup! She tore up my zoanthias but it’s ok. I think next time I’m diving I will grab some fire coral. Lol

4087A7F0-98C4-4FD2-8272-1BA4D39D43DF.jpeg 77D35AAC-9EA8-445B-9410-190B7B13462C.jpeg 072A85E5-C746-48D2-BC03-2FA0F6DEACC5.jpeg

leighla

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a variety of Angels over the years and they have devoured most corals:
LPS (hammer, frogspawn, trumpet)
Acans, Scolys, Trachs
Mushrooms, especially discomas
SPS, acros, stylos
They also are most types of anemones.

They have left alone most leathers, Xenia, GSP, encrusting corals

I eventually had to pick which I wanted more a variety of corals or a variety of angels…

Good luck however you go!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I know I’m beating a dead horse here but we love our Queen angel and would like to get more corals in our tank. Thoughts on different corals she will leave alone? She seems to leave alone the Cabbage leathers, but rather eats toadstool leathers(weird). We also have flame and coral beauty..Current setup! She tore up my zoanthias but it’s ok. I think next time I’m diving I will grab some fire coral. Lol

View attachment 2995021 View attachment 2995022 View attachment 2995023
Yes- Leather. most SPS with no polyps, and some mushroom.
Problem is that they are Nippers and forage constantly and are not afraid to get a taste of anything they encounter
Beautiful mix of fish !!

CLICK TO VIEW

ReefKeeperElite

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes- Leather. most SPS with no polyps, and some mushroom.
Problem is that they are Nippers and forage constantly and are not afraid to get a taste of anything they encounter
Beautiful mix of fish !!
Do you have some examples of SPS without polyps that angels generally would not go after?

My emperor has devastated my LPS, and has eaten my chalice, hammer, candy cane, and favia. All gone. All that is left is my goniopora. I believe the goniopora is spared because it pulls in his polyps when threatened, leaving nothing to attack but his encrusted shell, so the angel just moves on.

So other varieties of goniopora are on my list to repopulate my reef, which I'll be starting in the coming months.
But looking for other ideas that people have had success with along with their angels.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have some examples of SPS without polyps that angels generally would not go after?

My emperor has devastated my LPS, and has eaten my chalice, hammer, candy cane, and favia. All gone. All that is left is my goniopora. I believe the goniopora is spared because it pulls in his polyps when threatened, leaving nothing to attack but his encrusted shell, so the angel just moves on.

So other varieties of goniopora are on my list to repopulate my reef, which I'll be starting in the coming months.
But looking for other ideas that people have had success with along with their angels.
Most likely talking montipora plates etc.. my coral beauty only picks on my digi’s which is weird but doesn’t do any damage to them.. hasn’t touched anything else luckily lol

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral-vault.com
Back