Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago I put a pretty large (when opened it's easily bigger than my hand) BTA into my 125 gallon tank that has been running for about a year. The nem has been very active and moving around constantly so I downsized some of my powerheads and even did DIY guards for them (which did not end up working well). And of course, I woke up this morning to a cloudy tank. I knew immediately- the anemone was in the powerhead and who knows for how long. I immediately removed him, added carbon, and tested for ammonia which came back somewhere between 0.25 and 0.5 (using the crappy API test). Fortunately, I have a big bottle of Prime from my freshwater days and I dosed a little more than the recommended dose for my tank size.

I'm preparing water for a water change right now, but it takes pretty much an entire day to prepare enough water. I won't be able to do a water change of any significance until late tonight (and that's if I don't leave it overnight for the salt to mix well, which I usually do).

I've read a bunch of threads on this since this morning. My question is: should I be doing anything else? Should I do a number of water changes over the next few days?

EDIT: editing just to add that the fish seem fine. they're not breathing heavily and they're coming to the front of the tank begging for food. the corals (mostly euphyllia) seem fine as well.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back