Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use an anemone cup??? Pros? Con's? Is this a good one or are all anemone cups about equal thx. I have a new supernova but also want to put other corals and change flow in the tank...can clowns be with their nem in the cup? Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated thx

Nutramar Foods

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use an anemone cup??? Pros? Con's? Is this a good one or are all anemone cups about equal thx. I have a new supernova but also want to put other corals and change flow in the tank...can clowns be with their nem in the cup? Any and all thoughts greatly appreciated thx
I have two nem cups. I got a black widow and a rainbow BTA and wanted them isolated until a planned tank upgrade. They both stayed in the cup. Actually, one split and its other half started leaving the cup, which I noticed in time and was able to easily slide its foot off the cup before it made it to the glass and rock/powerhead. Way easier to get off than when it's stuck to a rock. For the nem in the cup, I put a piece of rubble in the cup and it was happy--best to get a piece of rubble in a cup that doesn't cause too much of a dead spot, because algae will grow in there (especially bubble algae--horrible).

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back