Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I had 6 months old 65 litres nano cube tank. I had green bubble tip anemone init. It performs well, day by day it losses its color and bubbles and shrink and body bleached. Oral disc some become wide open and closed sometimes. Dur to this issue i have been feed them twice with raw shrimp smaller pieces. It spit the feeded shrimp after an hour. During nyt time when lights off anemone become big. Morning time lights on it shrinks. I'm confused to what to do. Please guide through it

IMG_20220906_174705.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Peter C

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some shrinking within a 24 hour period is normal, anemones do this to exchange water in their system for new water. Most times though they shrink at night and expand during the day to absorb light. What lights are you running and how bright are they? Also if it's continue to lose color over time that isn't a good sign. Splitting either means it is stressed and is splitting for survival or that it is healthy and wants to propagate. More pictures would be helpful but I have heard of some anemones being light sensitive but it's pretty uncommon. But it's hard to tell without seeing your set up. How are all of your water parameters?

laverda

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally anemonies lose color from not getting enough light. It is pretty hard to give them too much light.
A tank that is 6 months old is the minimum recomended tank age for keeping anemones. If set up with dry rock the time frame is more like 9 months.

As far as spiting out the shrimp, it may be too big. They only need small bits of food. Do not feed it any food that is still frozen. I do not normally feed my anemones directly. Light and Nitrates are the main food sources of BTAs.

It would help a lot if you could give us more details on your tank, including water parameters. A clear photo under white light would help as well.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Legendary
Back