Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i may have evidence of my anemone having a bacterial infection it’s not opening up as much as it used to and it’s really dimmed in color so i’m wondering dose it have to be treated or should i leave it be and see if it recovers on it’s own or should i feed it something and here’s some pictures of it before and now

B2AB5C67-72B1-40CA-B1A9-60655EB927F3.jpeg 997717EF-8053-4749-968C-2F2E360D4594.jpeg 77CDD9D5-4F13-4AF4-A51F-957B240B1F3F.jpeg

Corals.com
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not looking great, @OrionN what do you think? Bacterial? If it turns out to be bacterial, I'd treat with cipro immediately. Once nems start going downhill they take a long time to get healthy again/never recover.
ok should i try ice to remove it from the rock because it’s on my base rock structure also if i just leave it how long would it take to recover on its own and i hear some people put a certain aintibiotic on food they fed it to treat theirs can that work or no

Top Shelf Aquatics

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok should i try ice to remove it from the rock because it’s on my base rock structure also if i just leave it how long would it take to recover on its own and i hear some people put a certain aintibiotic on food they fed it to treat theirs can that work or no
Ive never treated a nem for bacteria so Orion would be the guy to ask about that. I would go ahead and make a plan to remove the nem from your rocks but don't touch it yet as it will stress the nem which would be bad. I usually do fingernail + flow to remove nems from rocks, ice melted before the nem felt like detaching

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never treated a nem for bacteria so Orion would be the guy to ask about that. I would go ahead and make a plan to remove the nem from your rocks but don't touch it yet as it will stress the nem which would be bad. I usually do fingernail + flow to remove nems from rocks, ice melted before the nem felt like detaching
ok i thought this could’ve been a light issue because i read some people with really high lights the nem would get dark in color and not open up as much and i’ll try that way but it’ll be hard because it’s in a spot where i cant remove it without moving the main rock

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not opening up as much as it used to and losing color is less of an indicator of bacterial infection and more an environmental issue like lighting.
that’s what i thought so i started running my ai prime at 60 instead of 80 and it’s still looked the same

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DId it walk around recently? If its been happy for a long time but suddenly started doing badly I would check perams and for bacterial infections. If it's been walking, the bad color might just be from the stress of walking. I run my AI Primes at 100 and the nems are very happy. what are you feeding it?

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DId it walk around recently? If its been happy for a long time but suddenly started doing badly I would check perams and for bacterial infections. If it's been walking, the bad color might just be from the stress of walking. I run my AI Primes at 100 and the nems are very happy. what are you feeding it?
i’ve been feeding it mysis because i didn’t know what brand of shrimp to buy and it started walking around when my light hit 70 and it stopped walking a while ago it’s moved a bit in the last few days though but not ver far maybe a half of an inch

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many threads on this nem are you gonna start? I feel like all this has been said to you already...
i’m just wondering if i just leave it alone if it will heal on it’s own and the lighting thing i tried and nothing happened it didn’t change at all i’m just wondering if it has a bacterial infection right now and this also has the same symptoms or what this one guy said as starvation

Nutramar Foods
World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Zoanthids.com
Back