Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this is? I've found a few of them in my sump now.

Sump is so weird lately - i'm growing snails down there from tiny little specks (I've moved a few up to my display now, and left others), I had a bunch of pineapple sponges (nutrients were high, but they've been brought down over the past couple of weeks), and now this thing.

It's not as stringy as other Aiptasia I've seen (and clear with maybe orange tips?), and in my dark sump. When I shine a flashlight on it (like, to get these blurry, bigfoot-quality pics), it closes up. Was just a little lump after I was done taking pictures. Thoughts?

topdown.jpg

sideview.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Any idea what this is? I've found a few of them in my sump now.

Sump is so weird lately - i'm growing snails down there from tiny little specks (I've moved a few up to my display now, and left others), I had a bunch of pineapple sponges (nutrients were high, but they've been brought down over the past couple of weeks), and now this thing.

It's not as stringy as other Aiptasia I've seen (and clear with maybe orange tips?), and in my dark sump. When I shine a flashlight on it (like, to get these blurry, bigfoot-quality pics), it closes up. Was just a little lump after I was done taking pictures. Thoughts?

View attachment 2907989

View attachment 2907990
Agree on ball anemone which is actually a mushroom coral but with the balls on the tips, given its name. Many reefers actually keep these as they rarely if ever sting, multiply very slowly and have nice colors- Its your call

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back