Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im treating for ich with copper power in a very large tank(125 with no rocks/sand) and the ammonia is rising and since i took and disrupted out all the sand the nitrates rose to like 120 but i am installing a bio pellet reactor(to alleviate nitrate), this is the qt tank, I added amquel plus but it didnt touch the nitrates and brought the ammonia down by like .2 now, i cant add more because it took down the oxygen down already, can i add more amquel+? Is it like "prime" which you can overdose 5x? Or will 5x more amquel+ suffocate the fish? Im getting prime tomorrow can i add 5x prime or will that suffocate the fish as well since it'll take away oxygen? There is one pump pointing up and one pointing straight

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what AmQuel is, but the only recommended method to lower Ammonia in QT are water changes and established filter. Since you don’t have established filter, water changes are your only option. Nitrate is tolerated by fish, so no need to lower them in QT. Biopellet reactor in QT is a novelty, your fish will be out of quarantine, when your reactor lowers Nitrates and why even doing that ?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what AmQuel is, but the only recommended method to lower Ammonia in QT are water changes and established filter. Since you don’t have established filter, water changes are your only option. Nitrate is tolerated by fish, so no need to lower them in QT. Biopellet reactor in QT is a novelty, your fish will be out of quarantine, when your reactor lowers Nitrates and why even doing that ?
Nitrates are like 120-130ppm so i doubt they can handle that the sailfin tang is already losing a little bit of its left and right fins, can I overdose prime or will it take out too much oxygen from the water?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back