Amazing Goni recovery

crazyfishmom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have this wild harvested Goni colony that was completely maroon when I got it. It’s always done well in my tank, this thing is so solid that it survived my first tank crash back when I was using tap water and my phosphates were 5 on API test kits because the Hanna just screamed at me.

At any rate, it was stung a month or so ago and all but a third of it became completely white like you see at the bottom. It never lost tissue so I just moved it far away from the torch that stung it and let it be. The left half has been coloring up and extending beautifully and the bottom which I thought was completely gone is starting to extend and I’m starting to see some color again. Did not think that would happen at all. So now it looks like three different gonis, the dark maroon on the right, the lighter reddish maroon on the left and the white at the bottom. I’m sure they’ll all end up the same color over time but just amazed at how resilient this thing is!

IMG_1181.jpeg

Any survival stories out there you want to share!!?

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's amazing, I wish my Gonipora could recover. I accidently put way too much flow on it which caused its flesh to rip. It went downhill from there. It has a couple polyps left but I don't think it will survive.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back