Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 164 gallon Red Sea Reefer 625 G2 with a ReefMat 1200, Red sea protein skimmer, and refugium with 4 different types of algae (sea lettuce, chaeto, red ogo, pom pom) under an AI Fuge light.

My schedule for things are:
Lighting: 12pm - 7pm, main lights on
Skimmer: Was running 24\7 a week ago, now I'm doing 8am-5pm
ReefMat: Always on, advancing when clogged.
Fuge Light: 11pm - 7am at 60% power. Running opposite the main lights to try to stablize PH a little.
Food: Once a day, ~1/2tsp of mysis shrimp, ~1/4tsp spirulina brine shrimp.

My only livestock at the moment are a single aptasia eating filefish and a skunk cleaner shrimp plus various crabs\snails and a serpent starfish.

The thing I'm concerned about is that my Nitrates are 0.8 and my Phosphates are 0.01, Ammonia is 0. Is this getting too low? I've heard having 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates can cause dinos. My chaeto and other algaes grow like crazy under the AI Fuge light and are always "pearling" (ie: covered in bubbles) when the lights are on. Should I dial back my fuge light period? Fuge light intensity? Not run my skimmer? Should I just not worry about it?

EDIT: I also have some carbon in a bag in the bottom basket on the ReefMat to clear up the water.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Cali Reef Life

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking up your build I saw you have no coral either sense its a new tank. I would not worry about those levels till you have coral. Most coral will grow in even Ultra low nutrients tanks.

Is your filtration over kill for one fish of course. Don't worry about those things you are going to go through the ugly stages. Once you start adding more fish you can always add more nutrients in since your pulling a lot out. Enjoy the tank and try to prevent somethings but don't worry about having to low of nutrients for awhile.
Here's a link to fight Dinos if you get them. By the way setup looks awesome and keep up this work and the dream tank will be there soon!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Deltec
Back