+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

So my tank has been up and running for 6 weeks livestock in there for 2 weeks.

150 litre tank (TMC Habitat 60).
My Sump runs into a filter sock, then I have a bubble magus reactor running H2O Nutri-Fix bio pellets. Then I have the Bubble Magus curve 5 and just a bag of reef spec carbon. Then of course the return pump and heater.

My parameters are;
- NH3 0
- NO2 0
- NO3 10 or 25 (hard to read of Salifert kit)
- PO4 0.1
- PH 8.2
- KH 8.6
- MG 1350
- CA 470
- Salinity 1.025

TMC dual phantom lights, running 60% full 60% power is only 11 till 4

I am starting to see green algea, some orange but clean up crew seem to be dealing with that. Of course algea is normal but before I have an outbreak could I be doing anything better? Or i am on the right tracks?

Corals and fish all seem happy, only simple corals, zoas, torch, hammers duncans mushrooms, GSP.

Any advice would be awesome

Top Shelf Aquatics

AKL1950

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You will inevitably go through some algae blooms as the tank matures. Stay calm and watch your light settings and feeding regiment. Too much of either will allow the algae to take off In a new system. Also, My technique was to blow off the rocks with a turkey baster daily to keep as much junk in the tank suspended as possible so the filtration can remove it quicker. Try not to let the algae get a foot hold. If the N03 and PO4 start going down quickly, it’s probably being used up by algae starting to grow. Just keep them from going to zero and keep the tank as clean as possible and the algae will eventually fade away.

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
O

oliverw953

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You will inevitably go through some algae blooms as the tank matures. Stay calm and watch your light settings and feeding regiment. Too much of either will allow the algae to take off In a new system. Also, My technique was to blow off the rocks with a turkey baster daily to keep as much junk in the tank suspended as possible so the filtration can remove it quicker. Try not to let the algae get a foot hold. If the N03 and PO4 start going down quickly, it’s probably being used up by algae starting to grow. Just keep them from going to zero and keep the tank as clean as possible and the algae will eventually fade away.
Brilliant, thank you for the help

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back