+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
So after a 7 day vacation my Alveopora has not been doing great... opening up very little. And I have noticed a brownish spot on top of its skeleton for the past 2 days.

The water parameters have not changed much (even when I came back from vacation the numbers were pretty good).
No changes in flow or light.

Any thoughts?

Tank:
45G AIO
pH 8.2 - KH 8.1
Ca 450 - Mg 1400
PO 0.07 - NO 20.1
Temp 80 - Salinity 1.026

IMG_5769.jpeg IMG_5770.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5771.mov
    17.2 MB
Nutramar Foods

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
So after a 7 day vacation my Alveopora has not been doing great... opening up very little. And I have noticed a brownish spot on top of its skeleton for the past 2 days.

The water parameters have not changed much (even when I came back from vacation the numbers were pretty good).
No changes in flow or light.

Any thoughts?

Tank:
45G AIO
pH 8.2 - KH 8.1
Ca 450 - Mg 1400
PO 0.07 - NO 20.1
Temp 80 - Salinity 1.026

View attachment 3147623 View attachment 3147624
Could this be brown jelly disease? Either way I would recommend dipping the coral and hoping it gets better for my gonipora and avevopora I use 2 gallons of water and 60 drops of Lugol’s iodine solution in a bucket with a very small powerhead and I let them sit in there for 15 minutes

OP
OP
anabechara

anabechara

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be brown jelly disease? Either way I would recommend dipping the coral and hoping it gets better for my gonipora and avevopora I use 2 gallons of water and 60 drops of Lugol’s iodine solution in a bucket with a very small powerhead and I let them sit in there for 15 minutes
Thank you!! I am thinking I will try this today.

OP
OP
anabechara

anabechara

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I dipped the coral in Lugol once and it did not helped much... so I am dosing Ciprofloxacin thinking about this Brown Jelly Disease... I am dosing 0.125mg/L every night while the lights are off and with the skimmer off. The first two days he seemed better but today he has more gunk on him... any thoughts???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 20

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I dipped the coral in Lugol once and it did not helped much... so I am dosing Ciprofloxacin thinking about this Brown Jelly Disease... I am dosing 0.125mg/L every night while the lights are off and with the skimmer off. The first two days he seemed better but today he has more gunk on him... any thoughts???
What do you mean looks a little better the pictures you just posted look 10 times better than the original ones you posted. I would continue to blow the slime off and do the dips every other day of iodine.

World Wide Corals

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally when I notice one of my gonipora not opening for more than two or three days, I do this dip and within another two or three days it will be back open about 50% and after a few more days 100% if I do not do this dip about 80% of the time I lose the Coral. By the way, this method was given to me from one of the top Coral vendors here that I will not name because it was given to me in private message.

OP
OP
anabechara

anabechara

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally when I notice one of my gonipora not opening for more than two or three days, I do this dip and within another two or three days it will be back open about 50% and after a few more days 100% if I do not do this dip about 80% of the time I lose the Coral. By the way, this method was given to me from one of the top Coral vendors here that I will not name because it was given to me in private message.
Thank you for your reply and thank you for the reassurance that my coral looks better.
I am still dosing the cipro. The whole tank seems to love the cipro.
Also since I read that the BJD is caused by Acrobacter, I have decided to complete 10 days of treatment, like we would a human with Acrobacter. I have not been dipping the coral in the Lugol anymore, but will start so again every other day. I do understand that these things take time.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Diaper
Back