Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a happy and growing alveopora for half a year, and suddenly it started to behave strange. Not extending much, leaving the "doors" where polyps sleep wide open. I am worried what is happening, I do not want it to die - it is a large and beautiful piece. It is in this state for a few days already, extending a little bit more during day, fully closing at night.
1671737676255.jpeg

My parameters have been quite stable, Alk around 7.5, Calc 400, temp 78-79, Phosphates 0.05, Nitrates 5ppm. No changes in flow or lighting for many month.
I am not using filter sock so there is plenty of particles in the water column and I am dosing phyto as well.

Also, all the other corals are behaving normally, this is the only strange thing happening at the moment.

I would appreciate any idea what could be going on - and what should I do?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
B

Bolek

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tweaked light and flow a bit and they are good now.

I have decreased light (took measurement and they were 160par, decreased 20%) and increased a bit flow, dont know what have helped, will experiment now separately with these 2 variables and will share results then

Do you think 160par could have been too much. Could the slow flow been the issue?

Corals.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back