Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 13.5 Fluval tank. It’s been up and running for two years with no problems. I came home today to my tank water all cloudy and my goby and clown fish dead. All the crabs and snails died as well. I didn’t even take the time to test the parameters because I am so disheartened that it all died instantly it seems. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on what I should do now. I have flower anemone still in tank should I try getting them off rocks as well to save them. Thanks for any advice or guidance.

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow so sorry to hear this that’s a really tough break! I know right now you’re probably debating on just tapping out and not really thinking clearly but take a moment to collect yourself because anyone would be devastated in your shoes. If it was my tank and it ran smoothly for a few years and then suddenly crashed I would want to know what happened which means testing parameters at a minimum and especially if you plan to reboot so you don’t make the same mistake twice! Again best of luck so sorry to hear this!

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 13.5 Fluval tank. It’s been up and running for two years with no problems. I came home today to my tank water all cloudy and my goby and clown fish dead. All the crabs and snails died as well. I didn’t even take the time to test the parameters because I am so disheartened that it all died instantly it seems. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on what I should do now. I have flower anemone still in tank should I try getting them off rocks as well to save them. Thanks for any advice or guidance.
Lack of oxygen, increased ammonia or both might be the likely suspects. The cloudy water might be important or could be just a side effect. Do a large water change to save the anemone.

Corals.com

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss!
We can only speculate, especially that there are few clues as to what might've happened.
Some inhabitant might've died and while initially unnoticed it could've caused spike of ammonia killing rest of them. Something might've spilled accidentally into the tank, or if you were dosing something your doser might've dumped access of substance ino the tank. What about temp?
I would do some tests, including ammonia, salinity and start from scratch.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that all of that happened to you, similar to what other people said, I would run some test to try and figure out what is going on with your tank and do a complete water change as well!! Hopefully you can pull through and recover from this!!!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back