+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!!

Is it possible to lower alkalinity and raise salinity with Red Sea coral pro that’s known for high ALK. I just bought the bucket and I'm trying to use it all lol before switching. I’m trying to raise my salinity for my torches because I think that might be the problems to why it’s not happy. At the same time keep my salinity at 10. All my other corals are very happy

parameters

salinity 1.024 used to be 1.025 but torches was unhappy still. Theyre clean and dipped
ALK 10
Cal 430
Mag 1450
Po4 .07
No3 .10-20

dosing All for Reef and Redsea Mag

Nutramar Foods

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Is it possible to lower alkalinity and raise salinity with Red Sea coral pro that’s known for high ALK"
There are ways, but they defy the purpose. You could use organic or inorganic acid (vinegar or hydrochloric acid). I do not recommend either of methods, they should be reserved for emergencies only with super high Alkalinity.
If you want to keep your salinity higher and alkalinity at around 10dKh, best way is to use salt with dKH somwhere in the middle (8-9) and dose Alkalinity.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Is it possible to lower alkalinity and raise salinity with Red Sea coral pro that’s known for high ALK"
There are ways, but they defy the purpose. You could use organic or inorganic acid (vinegar or hydrochloric acid). I do not recommend either of methods, they should be reserved for emergencies only with super high Alkalinity.
If you want to keep your salinity higher and alkalinity at around 10dKh, best way is to use salt with dKH somwhere in the middle (8-9) and dose Alkalinity.
I was afraid of that. I guess I’ll have to buy another bucket :(

Top Shelf Aquatics

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one I would recommend.

Attachments

• RedSeaBlue.jpg
    RedSeaBlue.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 24

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back