Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently took the pump i had been using for my algae reactor and carbon reactor, it technically a 1060gph pump off amazon, same one I use in my mixing station and in my 55 for a return pump, I had been using it on its lowest setting for the diy algae reactor and carbon reactor. So I need to try find a suitable replacement. I liked that pump because its DC and allowed me to adjust the flowx but with ball valves I should be able to accomplish the same thing. What pumps would you all recommend that wont break the bank? I have a couple of ac pond/fountain pumps ranging from 250gph to 600gph laying around here somewhere that I could use, only issue with them is they arent marine rated, so it would have a life expectancy I would believe. I've looked at a couple of different jebao options that range between 50 and 100$, ideally I'd like to stay towards the 50$ mark but could go up a little more than that. Ideas? Thoughts? Comments/ concerns?

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I recently took the pump i had been using for my algae reactor and carbon reactor, it technically a 1060gph pump off amazon, same one I use in my mixing station and in my 55 for a return pump, I had been using it on its lowest setting for the diy algae reactor and carbon reactor. So I need to try find a suitable replacement. I liked that pump because its DC and allowed me to adjust the flowx but with ball valves I should be able to accomplish the same thing. What pumps would you all recommend that wont break the bank? I have a couple of ac pond/fountain pumps ranging from 250gph to 600gph laying around here somewhere that I could use, only issue with them is they arent marine rated, so it would have a life expectancy I would believe. I've looked at a couple of different jebao options that range between 50 and 100$, ideally I'd like to stay towards the 50$ mark but could go up a little more than that. Ideas? Thoughts? Comments/ concerns?
Larger pump will work less for pressure needs and water delivery
Take a look also at SICCE which is on holiday ssles lists

92Miata

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larger pump will work less for pressure needs and water delivery
Take a look also at SICCE which is on holiday ssles lists
Anything Sicce makes that's near the price range he's asking for is significantly lower quality than Jebao, and very loud.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back