Algae ID

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reef geeks. So I am totally stumped on trying to ID an algae I have in my tank. It is on rock that got moved over from my old tank that was running for 5+ years. If I had to guess this is some genetic mutation hair algae. Nothing I do seems to kill it off and nothing eats it. I have hit it with hydrogen peroxide and it turns gray for a few days then right back to green clowning in the current. I done a Flux treatment and I never even fazed it. Snails crabs and tangs will not touch it. Let me know what you think it is and I am to the point that I’m willing to try just about anything.
IMG_5068.jpeg
IMG_5069.jpeg

OP
OP
1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I started a second round of ReefFlux and so far no change to it. I also hit it again with hydrogen peroxide and nothing. I am almost to the point where I am just going to pull the rock and break the corals off of it.

stewy14

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I started a second round of ReefFlux and so far no change to it. I also hit it again with hydrogen peroxide and nothing. I am almost to the point where I am just going to pull the rock and break the corals off of it.
well, if its not spreading and not killing/irritating anything, I think you are fine!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back