Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For context, I'm currently about 2 months in cycling my 120 mixed/lps reef. There is so far no livestock whatsoever, but the clean up crew will hopefully arrive soon. Anyway, there have been micro air bubbles coming out of the return. This has been present for the entire cycle and is an asthetic problem, but I would really like to stop this because it's causing my tanks water to be cloudy and un-appealing. The tank is an aqueon reef-ready 120, the sump is an alpha fuge 200, and I'm not sure what the pump is but I think it's a syncra.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For context, I'm currently about 2 months in cycling my 120 mixed/lps reef. There is so far no livestock whatsoever, but the clean up crew will hopefully arrive soon. Anyway, there have been micro air bubbles coming out of the return. This has been present for the entire cycle and is an asthetic problem, but I would really like to stop this because it's causing my tanks water to be cloudy and un-appealing. The tank is an aqueon reef-ready 120, the sump is an alpha fuge 200, and I'm not sure what the pump is but I think it's a syncra.
Make sure all your fittings are tight on that synchron pump especially the one returning to the tank.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see bubbles coming out of your skimmer? It could be your skimmer creating the bubbles. If so, it's probably not broken in yet. It should be fine when you add in some fish poo. :)
Haven't turned on the skimmer yet, the nutrients are low so the skimmer has been off, I'm even adding mysis cubes to get the nitrates and phosphates up, though ill keep that in mind when I do turn it on

Corals.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back