+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

need a bit of advice, I’m going to get a 120L tank for two clownfish and a nem/some corals eventually, and was wondering whether it’d be best to get an AIO system, or a sump? This will be my first ever marine tank, although I do have some experience from keeping bettas and various other freshwater fish with filtration, water parameters etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as well as downsides and upsides to each?

World Wide Corals

lelandmarine

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is advantages and disadvantage to each. Sump gives you a lot more flexibility. I think you can hide more things in the sump as well to make the main tank with cleaner. All in one is easier because you don’t have to pick up specific equipment and it’s plumbed already.Just my two cents

ks2509

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my personal opinion AIO is a great option up to about 40 gallons (150L). Any bigger than that the back chambers aren't big enough for the filtration needed especially if your running a heavy bio load. AIO are also great if you don't have alot of room i.e your wanting to put it on a counter or other surface with no room for a sump.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back