Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all Im hoping someone can clarify this for me, I recently dunked my AI SOL blue controller and need a new one. Can’t seem to find the original one with the knob. Does anyone know from experience whether I can use the AI LED controller with the original SOL blues? Im almost certain I remember seeing somewhere that they worked? The controller I’m referring to is pictured below. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
49E10443-F2FB-41FA-8E85-1F4D2A14F80D.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all Im hoping someone can clarify this for me, I recently dunked my AI SOL blue controller and need a new one. Can’t seem to find the original one with the knob. Does anyone know from experience whether I can use the AI LED controller with the original SOL blues? Im almost certain I remember seeing somewhere that they worked? The controller I’m referring to is pictured below. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
View attachment 3093862
Hi there and im sorry for your loss.

The sol blues are a flagship fixture i used for many years.

Unfortunately, you will need a plug in bluetooth dongle for your light where the original controller plugs in (auxilary cable) to be able to utilize this controller.

On top of that, finding any of these components is like a needle in a haystack.
Same goes for non hd hydras connected with the director cloud module.

If i were you, i would look into upgrading to the hydra 26 HD with built in wifi and be able to use the app for control.

Good luck!

OP
OP
MischiefReef

MischiefReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there and im sorry for your loss.

The sol blues are a flagship fixture i used for many years.

Unfortunately, you will need a plug in bluetooth dongle for your light where the original controller plugs in (auxilary cable) to be able to utilize this controller.

On top of that, finding any of these components is like a needle in a haystack.
Same goes for non hd hydras connected with the director cloud module.

If i were you, i would look into upgrading to the hydra 26 HD with built in wifi and be able to use the app for control.

Good luck!
Thank you! That clarifies everything perfectly.

Random side note I actually bought a Bluetooth dongle way back in the day thinking I’d need it, but never did and threw it back in the box into a drawer, it’s sat there till I just read your message and frantically went and dug it out. *fingers crossed* hope this works for me, that would be the ultimate purchase vindication, finally put it to use after 5-10 years?

Corals.com

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! That clarifies everything perfectly.

Random side note I actually bought a Bluetooth dongle way back in the day thinking I’d need it, but never did and threw it back in the box into a drawer, it’s sat there till I just read your message and frantically went and dug it out. *fingers crossed* hope this works for me, that would be the ultimate purchase vindication, finally put it to use after 5-10 years?
Thats awesome!!
but what about the lcd controller? Do you have a source for one? Or have one already?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Queen City Corals
Back