AI Prime or Radion XR15?

DaddyDaughterNano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone.

I have a Waterbox 35.2 AIO. The display portion is 24" wide, 15" deep, 18" tall. I'm interested in trying an AI Prime 16 or Radion XR15 G6 for an LPS/Softy only tank. No SPS at all.

I know both will light have more than enough power, but I'm interested in which one you think will gets the best color and get the corals to fluoresce and pop? In terms of color (not power or cost), is there a reason to go with the Radion over the Prime? I'm going to be able to sell some gear to pay for either light, so thankfully cost isn't the deciding factor---I'm just thinking about color and whether the Radion has an advantage there.

I'm attaching a screenshot of a tank I love on YouTube from Blue Reef Tank. This is the kind of look I'm hoping for. Not super blue, but not quite white.

Thanks for any thoughts!

unnamed.jpg

rtparty

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
One Prime can’t cover that footprint. They are best at 12*12. Super focused laser beams is what they are.

The Radion has better spread, spectrum, and PAR but at a higher cost. Get the Pro and you can dial it in to the exact look you want.

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve owned both and feel like the build quality is better on the radion. And this might not be a popular opinion but I also like möbius that comes with the radion. I could never get my lights dialed in with the ai prime either. Once I put the radion on everything took off color and growth. That’s just my experience and I’m sure I was just doing something wrong with the ai prime. Plenty of people have grown corals on them.

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go with radion, I have an ai prime on a 40g cube and have great growth on my lps and softies but the lights are turned to 80%+ during the day to get my desired par level, not good. I’ll be getting a radion xr30 myself hopefully before i blow the bulb on the prime.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back