Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm new to the hobby and have just finished cycling my tank and am going to be getting some coral and livestock tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some recomendations on settings and intensities for my AI Prime light as I don't fully understand it. I've tried googling around but haven't really found any good answers or videos yet. For reference I'm using the Fusion 15 AIO Cube Aquarium from Innovative marine. The tank height is around 15". I have my light currently mounted 16" above the tank since from what I've been reading so far from some quick google searches higher = better?? I'm unsure. So in my current case what should my light schedule and settings be? I'm aiming for 11:30am to 8:30pm as I work mornings later is better for me. I plan to have a mix of coral and livestock primarily focusing on coral. I don't have any particular idea on what coral to put in, I'm just looking to get what looks best to me really. So settings that would best fit a variety might be best if possible. Feel free to educate. I plan to talk to the shop keep when I stop by after work and I'm sure he'll teach me plenty but I figured making a post would help get my light settings at the very least. Also I'm primarily looking for a more purply blue look. favorite color is purple after all.

BRS

mike550

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Shiro couple of resources for you. If you go to the Aqua Illumination website, they have a bunch of lighting presets under the “Signature Series”. Take a look there for ones that use Primes. The other place I like is World Wide CorAl. They have presets as well. Keep in mind your tank might need less power because your tank is shallower

GHogg

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I used this Bulk Reef Supply video to tune my AI16s for my 40 gallon breeder. I haven't put corals in yet, but the video is very thorough and seems to have good information to me. They cover a variety of tank sizes so fast forward around to get the nano info. Good luck!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Buckeye
Back