AI Prime 16hd scheduled

jlsanders0629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I’ve been running a single ai 16hd over my tank for about 4 months. I’m getting great extension on my lps and everything is open and happy, but I’ve gotten very minimal growth. I’m currently running the WWC cube schedule. Wondering if anyone has edited that schedule at all for better growth?

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I’ve been running a single ai 16hd over my tank for about 4 months. I’m getting great extension on my lps and everything is open and happy, but I’ve gotten very minimal growth. I’m currently running the WWC cube schedule. Wondering if anyone has edited that schedule at all for better growth?
What size is your tank in inches. LxWxH would be helpful. It took me 11 months to figure out a specific setting that actually works very well. I've just come off acclimatization mode and growth has been a total turn around. I may be able to give you some advice as I've had extensive help from a fellow that actually knows all about these lights ;)

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And FWIW the WWC profile is a very short semi-full spectrum and the rest of the day just a really blue look for eye candy. Post me a screenshot of the light schedule. After my understanding the WWC ones they post on their site do not have near enough full spectrum time for proper photosynthesis.

OP
OP
J

jlsanders0629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your tank in inches. LxWxH would be helpful. It took me 11 months to figure out a specific setting that actually works very well. I've just come off acclimatization mode and growth has been a total turn around. I may be able to give you some advice as I've had extensive help from a fellow that actually knows all about these lights ;)
It’s a biocube - 20.25" long X 21.875" Wide X 21.5" High.

OP
OP
J

jlsanders0629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And FWIW the WWC profile is a very short semi-full spectrum and the rest of the day just a really blue look for eye candy. Post me a screenshot of the light schedule. After my understanding the WWC ones they post on their site do not have near enough full spectrum time for proper photosynthesis.
IMG_4326.jpeg
IMG_4328.png

Yes it’s definitely super blue. Corals are happy but growth is pretty minimal. I tried adding a schedule with more white but the acclimation was too strong still and started to melt and bleach my chalice and zoas

yambeezy23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should join the ai prime Facebook group.
I did the signature series and wasn’t a fan of any of the schedules. I have a waterbox 35.2

I followed the BRS guide and I had hair algae for weeks. Hated it. I finally found the one I love from the ai prime Facebook group.

I use the pennywise dead lights preset 81% 12 hr from the Facebook group

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the signature series and wasn’t a fan of any of the schedules. I have a waterbox 35.2

I followed the BRS guide and I had hair algae for weeks. Hated it. I finally found the one I love from the ai prime Facebook group.

Lol that's the exact same tank as I have and the same schedule. I'm using the 12hr one with a slight tweak to the royal and other channels that the corals wouldn't even know the difference but looks really good to the eyes!

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfor
10 inches

Here's my little tweaks.

You get the idea ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_181740_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_181740_myAI.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20240729_181750_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_181750_myAI.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20240729_181759_myAI.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_181759_myAI.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
J

jlsanders0629

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yeah I am in quite a few. I was sent a few different ones from the group but they always would start to melt zoos and basic Monti frags ive had. Just trying to find that happy medium

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I am in quite a few. I was sent a few different ones from the group but they always would start to melt zoos and basic Monti frags ive had. Just trying to find that happy medium
Yeah the deadlight 80% is a good one for spectrum. You'll see some nice growth with it if given enough time ;)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back