+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I had the driver fault issue with my AI Hydra HD, where the light stops following the schedule, stays on all the time, and stops responding to the app. AI sent a new motherboard which I installed, made sure all the pins were clicked into place, and now a week later I’m having the same problem again.

The light stays on and does not respond to the app at all. I have to disconnect and reconnect the light for it to go back on the schedule I have set. This happens every couple of days.

Dealing with AI customer service has not been a great experience so far - slow to respond and have given me the same advice multiple times even though it didn’t work.

So frustrating - would love to hear if anyone else has had this issue and whether you were able to fix it!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @sarahsnail

So sorry you have to go thru this. At least I can say [HASH=75]#WelcometoR2R[/HASH]

I have had AI forever. Their customer service is weird, for me anyway. My lights before my current set were a hassle when I had an issue. My current lamps had an issue and they were beyond excellent to deal with. I will say prior was before ecotech took over AI.

Anyway, I am surprised they just shipped you a board. How long have you had the lamps? If it is within a year I would just fill in another RMA and ship the light to them. Sounds like you have more than one driver issue. I can suggest trying a factory reset to see if that does it. If not send in a ticket.

Let me know if that help

OP
OP
S

sarahsnail

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @sarahsnail

So sorry you have to go thru this. At least I can say [HASH=75]#WelcometoR2R[/HASH]

I have had AI forever. Their customer service is weird, for me anyway. My lights before my current set were a hassle when I had an issue. My current lamps had an issue and they were beyond excellent to deal with. I will say prior was before ecotech took over AI.

Anyway, I am surprised they just shipped you a board. How long have you had the lamps? If it is within a year I would just fill in another RMA and ship the light to them. Sounds like you have more than one driver issue. I can suggest trying a factory reset to see if that does it. If not send in a ticket.

Let me know if that help

Thanks for replying and the welcome!

Yeah it seems like the experience is pretty mixed since eco tech took over.

I was surprised too - I had to make sure that me installing it wouldn’t void the warranty. I had also shipped them the light to repair and they sent it back to me without testing it for an adequate period (the issue takes 2-3 days to appear but they only had it for a day before they shipped it back).

I’ve tried a factory reset a few times now but doesn’t seem to help unfortunately. I’m a bit worried that I won’t be able to get a replacement/ refund but happy with whatever suggestions I can get in the mean time!

Top Shelf Aquatics
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back