Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys - 2 of my LED's (or may be 1) in AI-FI light has been out D1 and D3 (I can see burn and lens has a sticky deposit). Looking for a way to fix it - Anyone has any suggestions and projects like this being done (ideally replace it or just by pass them to get the rest of the light working and use it for some other purpose (depending on spectrum available).

OP
OP
k2-

k2-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Man - i am looking for a little bit more DIY so if we know what array lights are would be open to replaceing or just by passing those circuits to let rest of the lights work (or diabling the circuit D1 and D3 consists off);

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Man - i am looking for a little bit more DIY so if we know what array lights are would be open to replaceing or just by passing those circuits to let rest of the lights work (or diabling the circuit D1 and D3 consists off);
Gotcha! I'm not familiar with that aspect.

theatrus

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Step 1: figure out size and type of the LED. Not familiar with AI. From some pictures likely to be a 3535 (3.5mm X 3.5mm) along the lines of a Cree XP series.

Step 2: remove the MPCB containing the LEDs.

Step 3: Put PCB over some form of pre-heater. A skillet, hot plate, etc works.

Step 4: Use hot air to remove target LEDs. Always be careful with the silicone lenses: too much direct heat will damage them.

Step 5: Take replacement LED, dab the bottom in a tacky flux of some kind, and use hot air to flow it back to the board. You’re relying on the existing solder here. If there isn’t enough, you can use an iron and solder to slightly wet the pads.

Step 6: turn off heat source and wait for board to cool.

Step 7: Test.

Metal core PCBs are great at removing heat, and using some form of pre heating goes a long way to avoiding frustration.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

BSA
Back