Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies if this is a stupid question, I’m rather new and this is the first time I’ve had to replace my DI resin. Prior to changing it today, I was reading 3-4 TDS in and out. I just replaced and after running for close to an hour I’m still getting 0 in and out. I thought that replacing the DI resin would only impact the “out” TDS, so I’m wondering if something is wrong with my meter. Can anyone confirm if the “in” value should also drop after replacing DI resin?

I have a BRS system, the one with only one DI stage

Corals.com

Garf

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies if this is a stupid question, I’m rather new and this is the first time I’ve had to replace my DI resin. Prior to changing it today, I was reading 3-4 TDS in and out. I just replaced and after running for close to an hour I’m still getting 0 in and out. I thought that replacing the DI resin would only impact the “out” TDS, so I’m wondering if something is wrong with my meter. Can anyone confirm if the “in” value should also drop after replacing DI resin?

I have a BRS system, the one with only one DI stage
The only time I see a “0” going in, is with a brand spanking new membrane, but doesn’t last for long. If both probes are connected correctly, try changing the battery, if you haven’t already.

Nutramar Foods

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you're using inline tds meters like most rodi's come equipped with.

Those use 2 metal prongs that are placed inline of your rodi tube. Usually incorporating a T fitting to accommodate the sensor.

One thing you can verify, is if the metal sensors are seated properly inside the T fitting and it's recommended the 2 prongs are perpendicular to the water flow.

My only guess is that the sensor is stuck in an air pocket and can't read anything.

Either that or you tds meter needs new batteries, or the connector needs to be reseated...

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

FnR
Back