+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I’m looking at upgrading to a 5’ tank and I have found the 790 on brs but haven’t really seen much reviews/builds on the tank. Does anyone have this tank and if so what are your thoughts. Seems to be at a higher price point than others like waterbox and Red Sea.
Thanks

Top Shelf Aquatics

fishski13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 605 one and I wouldn't go with any other brand that you can get from the shelf. Watch some of the video about the oceanguard series.

The stand is the best quality you can get. It comes put together already besides the doors and the aesthetic panels. You get to choose from a few different colors besides just black and white compared to what other offer. The stand it self is marine yatch wood and trust me it is a hefty piece. And with a size tank like that, I dont know how people build there ikea like stands from red sea or waterbox, I did it for a waterbox 35 gallon, and the slightest screw off angle or those screw in inserts and your stand is not completely even. With so much gallons of water in a 5 foot tank I would take a risk with anything besides a prebuilt stand.

The plumping on the oceanguard is very well put together and just feels like quality. Very easy to install and it is very easy to adjust.

There is also a big ATO section which means I am not worrying about adding water more than once every 1-2 weeks.

The only thing I would take over an Aquaforest oceanguard is probably a Cade or a custom build.

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back