Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking into setting up a coral quarantine and fish quarantine tank (seperate) however in research I've come across aerosol transmission and that diseases like velvet can travel about 1m (3 feet) in the air,
My question is do tank lids limit / stop this and would having them at a different elevation than other tanks help with this?

Nutramar Foods

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elevation will not help much, if you look at the dispersion pattern of aerosolized liquids they quickly fill a space. The 6 foot distance that is recommended is based on survival times in the air, weight of the parasites before falling, etc.

I keep my qt in my unheated sunroom, i dont order during the summer, as its easy to heat water, cooling not so much.

But opposite side of the room, temporary systems are other options to achieve the necessary distance. To make this decision easier on a significant other.

1). Tell them its only for 3 months.
2). Include them in the purchase of livestock. If animals are ones they have a connection too, more likely to be ok with a qt tank.
3.). Keep that area spotless.
4.) cook for them more often.

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elevation will not help much, if you look at the dispersion pattern of aerosolized liquids they quickly fill a space. The 6 foot distance that is recommended is based on survival times in the air, weight of the parasites before falling, etc.

I keep my qt in my unheated sunroom, i dont order during the summer, as its easy to heat water, cooling not so much.

But opposite side of the room, temporary systems are other options to achieve the necessary distance. To make this decision easier on a significant other.

1). Tell them its only for 3 months.
2). Include them in the purchase of livestock. If animals are ones they have a connection too, more likely to be ok with a qt tank.
3.). Keep that area spotless.
4.) cook for them more often.
Thanks for the ideas :)

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back