Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All. Recently we bought a used 350 gallons acrylic tank. It has 1" think acrylic panels. On the side & back, it has additional black acrylic panels (may be 1/8 inch). I would like to remove the side black acrylic panels so that we can see from the side also. I tried to sanding it out with different grits (dry/wet sandpapers), but don't see any results. Do you guys have any suggestions. Please. Thank you.

aquarium-1.jpg aquarium-3.jpg aquarium-4.jpg front.jpg top.jpg

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All. Recently we bought a used 350 gallons acrylic tank. It has 1" think acrylic panels. On the side & back, it has additional black acrylic panels (may be 1/8 inch). I would like to remove the side black acrylic panels so that we can see from the side also. I tried to sanding it out with different grits (dry/wet sandpapers), but don't see any results. Do you guys have any suggestions. Please. Thank you.

View attachment 3092574 View attachment 3092575 View attachment 3092576 View attachment 3092577 View attachment 3092578
Looks similar to the black backing on my acrylic and I don’t think sanding will work. I believe it’s actually a thin sheet of acrylic attached to the aquarium. I contacted my tank builder because I wanted to see inside of my overflow boxes and he said it’s basically impossible once it’s on there lol. If you do get it off please post I’d love to see how you do it!

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back