Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've been running this 20G Nuvo for around 5 months now and I initially designed the aquascape minimalistically. However as I buy more and more corals, I regret not putting more rocks to generate space for corals.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve on my aquascape, whether it be moving around existing rocks or adding new rocks. All advice is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks in advance :D

WechatIMG36.jpeg
WechatIMG36 copy.jpeg

WechatIMG37.jpeg

WechatIMG38.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta agree with @sawdonkey. Your scape looks great, and those corals are going to grow. It's almost a moral imperative that you upgrade with the skills you have. Just sayin. ;)

Top Shelf Aquatics

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could perhaps add some branches to your existing aquascape, it does look pretty good imo. The one thing adding even just 1 or 2 branches would do is give you more height variation. Both islands are pretty similar. This won't help your need for more coral locations but aquascape will also look better without a frag tank in the display tank.

DothanReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also agree with the above comments. But....if you really wanna try adding rock to that tank, maybe try some of the branching rock - think Caribsea has a Branch rock and I'm sure other brands do as well. You could place a couple pieces in there without blocking too much light and then have quite a bit more real estate to work with. Just a thought!

The tank does look great though!! Great work!! Are you dosing 2-part(or any other similar add) or just water changes so far?

DothanReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could perhaps add some branches to your existing aquascape, it does look pretty good imo. The one thing adding even just 1 or 2 branches would do is give you more height variation. Both islands are pretty similar. This won't help your need for more coral locations but aquascape will also look better without a frag tank in the display tank.
Ha! Beat me by a millisecond!! Great minds and all.. ;)

OP
OP
0utworld

0utworld

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also agree with the above comments. But....if you really wanna try adding rock to that tank, maybe try some of the branching rock - think Caribsea has a Branch rock and I'm sure other brands do as well. You could place a couple pieces in there without blocking too much light and then have quite a bit more real estate to work with. Just a thought!

The tank does look great though!! Great work!! Are you dosing 2-part(or any other similar add) or just water changes so far?
Thanks! I am dosing Tropic Marin's All for Reef and I'm doing biweekly water changes.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Your Reef
Back