Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used Red Sea 250 for a nice price. However, it came with a black stand, and I'd like to repaint the stand white. I came across this thread, which suggested vinyl wrap, which I'm not interested in. I understand this is going to take work and time for it to look good, but I don't mind. I also am not planning on purchasing a new stand, this one seems to be in good shape, and if it came to that I'd rather just build a new one from plywood, which I'm also not interested in doing right now.

I've done some cabinetry and paint work before, but always on top of plywood, we just used kilz primer and water based paint. I've never painted a surface like the Red Sea stand before. I've seen some people suggest using a kilz oil based primer and then an oil based appliance enamel epoxy paint.

For those that have more experience with painting aquarium stands, especially if you've repainted a stand with a finish similar to the Red Sea stands, is this what you would recommend? Any particular process or approach that you would take in the repainting process?

Thanks!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Tsquared

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinyl wrap is a good way to go. If you want something a little more involved, I tiled mine with wall tile and liquid nails adhesive. You would need a tile saw. There a plenty of self stick versions available as well.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back