Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhat of a rescue attempt i guess.. Yesterday I walked into a fish store semi local to me. In one of the tanks they had a blue headed wrasse a fish thats been on my list for a while. The wrasse was in a smallish tank with 2 Bluejaw triggers and a yellow tang. The wrasse looks extremely beat up like he was bullied a ton. Brought it home anyway figured it wouldn't last much longer in their tank. Currently alone in my 40 breeder qt tank. What gentle meds would be best for me to treat with as he heals

20201011_111719.jpg

Avast

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried feeding it? If it’s eating well, you might want to observe it for a couple of days to let in settle in, then start your quarantine process. Be sure to manage the ammonia well. Wrasses like this prefer a deep sand layer, some people try putting coral sand in a plastic container.
Jay

OP
OP
B

Blb472

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried feeding it? If it’s eating well, you might want to observe it for a couple of days to let in settle in, then start your quarantine process. Be sure to manage the ammonia well. Wrasses like this prefer a deep sand layer, some people try putting coral sand in a plastic container.
Jay
I have fed him and he eats like a hog so no worries there. Qt tank is cycled and there is some sand and rock in there I have no intentions of ever using in a different tank so if I do medicate in the future I won't be losing out on the rock. Currently I have paraguard, prazipro, and copper power on hand but I haven't treated anything. If its best to just observe I will

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Indytraveler83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually in a similar situation with a pintail fairy wrasse (though I got him about a week ago). Here's my completely non-expert 2¢

My biggest advice would be to feed small meals as often as you can. I've tried to be sure mine eats at least 3-4 times a day to get him fattened up and healing (he loves brine shrimp). Currently not treating him for anything, just observing and giving him all the food he can handle. I'm noticing a rise in his activity level and he is healing nicely without signs of disease, so that's the course I'll maintain.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back