Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm new to the hobby. My adult daughter has a saltwater tank and I keep wanting to put stuff in it so she said I need my own tank! I'm completely new to saltwater tanks so I've been spending endless hours researching, learning, and educating myself. I have decided that I really want a reef tank with lots of coral and mushrooms and I seem to really like the invertebrates, CUCs, and there are a few fish I'm thinking about. So I'm looking at a diamond goby, Cardinal, firefish, shrimp, snails, maybe a couple crabs, but mostly mushrooms, soft coral and considering eventually other corals.

Right now I'm stuck on trying to decide what tank I want. I am debating between the Fluval 13.5 gal and the larger Fluval Flex 32.5 gal. I really like the AOI option as a starter and have seen some very nice builds of the 13.5 gal. But I'm wondering if I should bump up to the 32.5 gal Flex so I have room to grow without having to buy a new one and start a new bigger tank down the road. BUT, I've seen some concerning posts here and there about the quality of the 32.5 both in craftsmanship and hearing of structural failure/cracking. I don't know if those are rare cases or if I should be concerned. With all the sales, I'd like to order one this month so any expertise about these 2 tanks and recommendations as to which one I should start with would be great.

Has anyone had any problems with the Fluval Flex 32.5?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

chandavi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 32.5. Im brand new to the reef tanks and I’m extremely happy so far with it. I especially like the all contained filter etc. Lighting is pretty decent and is even controllable with the fluval smart ap. Also very quiet. As to cracking/ durability ive only had it for 35 days so we’ll have to see. ( in the ugly stage). I’m planning on this one being my quarantine tank when I go to a larger size. All in all very happy so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 39

skiff21

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 32.5. Im brand new to the reef tanks and I’m extremely happy so far with it. I especially like the all contained filter etc. Lighting is pretty decent and is even controllable with the fluval smart ap. Also very quiet. As to cracking/ durability ive only had it for 35 days so we’ll have to see. ( in the ugly stage). I’m planning on this one being my quarantine tank when I go to a larger size. All in all very happy so far.
I’ve had the same tank for a while now. Check out my thread.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Copepods
Back