Advice about Fluval LED aquarium lighting

RichT1973

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice regarding my lighting set up on my Fluval Evo 13.5G. I upgraded the standard LED lighting to the Fluval Marine 3.0 22watt Bluetooth lighting. Started suffering with Cyano, even though my Nitrate & Phosphate levels are not bad. I think it might be my lighting that is causing the problem, but other than reducing the amount of time I have the light on, I’m not sure what to change my lighting parameters to. Can anyone give me any advice please? Attached is a picture of my current light setup. I intend to reduce the time daylight hours operational, but any advice would be much appreciated.
IMG_1993.png

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cyano is due to imballance in nutrients and lack of water flow, it will grow in any kind of lighting. And although cyano can happen in any tank, it more often appears in newer tanks. I think its just a coincidence that you got a new light, but I don't think its the cause.

If you can, I would suggest to post a pic of your tank and list your nitrate and phosphate. It will help us to help you if we can get an idea of the bigger picture, thanks.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back