Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have really wanted to add a tuxedo urchin to my 32G biocube. I’m not sure if I can add one yet though. My tank has only been completely cycled for about 2 months now. I don’t have much algae due to the cuc I already have: 3 turbo snails, 5 nassarius, and 2 astrea snails. I had read I can supplement their food with seaweed.
Can I put a tuxedo urchin in my tank? Or should I wait a couple months (or get hair algae) to add one of these guys in?

World Wide Corals

Hannahrain

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience: I put a tuxedo in a 13.5 gal when it was over a year old and it really put a hurting on the coralline --we were AMAZED every day, at how much coralline it scraped off the rock, which would be back to white rock underneath :(. I moved it to my 60 cube several months ago and it seems to be happier. We don't even notice a decrease on the coralline in there. So, I definitely would wait until you have good coralline coverage and other algae, to be sure it thrives in your tank. Yes, you could just feed it but nothing good happens fast in a reef tank. Good luck :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back