Adding new live rock to established tank

jnbrex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering adding more live rock to my established tank but I'm worried that the change could reduce stability, especially with die-off from the new rock. For those of you who have successfully introduced new live rock into an established tank, how did you do it?

fishface NJ

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my live rock into QT because of die off/mini cycle and to remove any critters that I didn't want in my display tank. It stayed in QT for about 6 weeks

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To avoid ammonia spike from die off and parasite management. It's best to setup a separate large tub or trash bin with powerhead and heater for 6 weeks. Once fully cured, you can add it to the tank.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering adding more live rock to my established tank but I'm worried that the change could reduce stability, especially with die-off from the new rock. For those of you who have successfully introduced new live rock into an established tank, how did you do it?
Depends the condition of live rock and how much you’re using in relation to what you already have in the system.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back