Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i want to add new black silicon sealant on every outside corner of my tank, is it have any effect if the black silicone sealant make contact with some my cured clear silicon sealant?

IMG_20220121_172946.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

minorhero

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is purely for aesthetics then sure, go ahead, just tape it up and be careful. If you are doing this for structural integrity then don't bother. The only way its going to do anything is if you drain the tank, cut the glass panels apart, scrape off all the silicone (I mean all of it, no residue at all), and then rebuild the tank. Some people scrape out 'most' of the silicone and squirt more in the gap without taking the whole thing apart but I personally feel this is pretty inadequate when going through the trouble of a tank reseal. Hopefully this is helpful.

OP
OP
Azurenoace

Azurenoace

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is purely for aesthetics then sure, go ahead, just tape it up and be careful. If you are doing this for structural integrity then don't bother. The only way its going to do anything is if you drain the tank, cut the glass panels apart, scrape off all the silicone (I mean all of it, no residue at all), and then rebuild the tank. Some people scrape out 'most' of the silicone and squirt more in the gap without taking the whole thing apart but I personally feel this is pretty inadequate when going through the trouble of a tank reseal. Hopefully this is helpful.
Thanks for answering, i only added the outside, purely for aesthetic

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Big Sale !! UP To 50% OFF !! On Fish Antibiotics
Back